Wednesday, September 22, 2010

An apology to my lovely writers...

My dearest students,
I have to let you know that I have started reading your essays, but was very quickly sidetracked by something... GLEE.  This has to be one of my most favorite shows on TV right now, and I discovered accidentally that the fall premier was on this week. 

So the apology is thus: I will not have very many essays grade tomorrow, and for that, I am very sorry it's taken me even this long to get to them!  It is my promise to all of you (including the ones that don't read this) that I will have all of the essays graded by Friday morning.  Yes, in time for progress reports.  For some of you, that may not be the happiest news.  But for me, I want to hold myself accountable for grading your stuff in a timely manner.  I hate waiting around for my grad teachers to tell me how I'm doing... I wrote my papers last Wednesday for Ed Assessment, and a week later have not heard back!  It would be nice to know, right?  I have another paper due in a week, and if I did crappy on the previous one, I would like to know so I don't mess up the next one and the next one...!

Also, I had said that I posted grades on Edline, but apparently I wasn't doing it right.  You should be able to see some semblance of a grade tomorrow afternoon/evening.  I'm not sure how they want us to send them for progress reports, but regardless, you can check your status tomorrow sometime.

As for those of you that may be worried about your grade, remember to turn in the extra credit by Friday morning (+5 points each)!

No comments:

Post a Comment