Sunday, October 24, 2010

Mars Hill!

We did it!  Shadow & I trekked the 1 mile up to the Mars Hill wind turbines!  Here's a breakdown of the trip in a few key phrases:

- 1st 30 feet:  OHHHHH MYYYYYYY GAWWWWWWDDDD my shins BURRRRRNNNNNNNNN.  Shadowwwww slow down... I can't go this fast!!! [We're traveling about 1mi/hr.]

- ~halfway up: *pant pant* [that's me panting] We're gonna do this Shadow! 

- Standing next to a massive wind turbine: WHOA.  Shadow even got to be off-leash!  He was so well behaved, not going out of my sight, checking out the scenery... I was SO happy (see Facebook/Tumblr photos).

- We walked up an ATV trail for a bit, but when it got too steep, we turned around.  Kinda bummed we didn't get to see Mt. Katahdin.  I guess that leaves us with a reason to go back up again!

- On the way down, I let Shadow be off-leash for most of it, considering I would step on a loose rock, stumble, yell "I'm gonna diiiiiiieeeeeeee," and repeat until the bottom...

- My shins, along with most of my body, will probably be hating me very much tomorrow.

The view from the top was totally worth it, though!!!
Who wants to go with me next weekend?

No comments:

Post a Comment